Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Voter 5000

When I left for work earlier today, Ana was supervising her brothers' construction of a cardboard creation they named "The Voter 5000". Would you believe, considering they are 9, 7, 5, and 3, that this was a new kind of voting booth? Ana is seriously bummed along with me that Hillary is out of the race, but I can see a lot of good that came from Hillary's run. Certain little girls were sparked with interest in politics! (Perhaps most interestingly, I'm not interested in politics in the least)
Today Ana and I were talking about dog years vs human years and she said "So, in human years, Minnie and I are both under a decade." Well, yes, they are! Is "decade" a vocabulary word studied in third grade?
Lij found a population of frogs around Lynn's little landscaping pond so we have been going over there so he can hunt. He also found a really cool crayfish a few days ago; he told me it's a female. I asked how he knows and he said "Come here, I'll show you". I was very curious about what gender specific characteristic he might be imagining. To my surprise, I believe he was correct. He showed me a cluster of what had to be eggs under it's tail!
Benj is into writing and charting and diagramming. Joanie found him making notes about barn swallows. Something along the lines of "brd brn swallos". He carries around a clipboard to make these notes on. It's too cute.
Wils continues to be the bestest boy and Zac continues to be the crabbiest. If those front teeth don't come in soon I'm going in personally to get 'em out.

No comments: