Saturday, March 14, 2009

My Writer In Training

Ana and Ben both love to write, and it's very gratifying for me to see that. And fun! They are much better writers than I was at their ages.

Tonight, Ana emailed me at work to say she had called her friend Paije and that went well so she thought she was ready to try calling me at work. So I gave her the number and told her who would answer (this was a practice call) and told her what to expect. She did just great! Ray, the RN who answers the phone because he hogs that computer, said her voice was clear and strong (I asked, because she is so shy and quiet sometimes).

That emboldened her, and she and Elijah decided to call their friend Allie (really, Elijah's bestest, but her and Ana and Ben are pals too). Elijah has never called a friend before so this was a big moment.

Then I get this email from Ana. What did she do after the big moment? Captured it with a story! Here it is, cut and pasted from Ana's email:

lijah's call

"okay lij i'll dial"
"okay"
"when it rings say ' hi can I talk to Allie'." Ana explained
The phone was ringing.
"wait.....I thought you were going to call her!"
He held the phone down, not hanging up.
................................................................
"LIJ! pick it up, pick it up!" wispered Ana
not relizing the person was already on the phone, probley saying 'Hello, Hello, HELLO?'
"umm... Allie?" Lij said nervously.
Then his face turned from worried to happy...Allie picked up.
"...Hi!" said Lij
"...okay,..."
AND THE REST IS HISTORY. THE END

No comments: