Thursday, August 27, 2009

speedy dewivery

When Hans (brother) was little, he had this game he would play, where he would make me "mail", knock on my bedroom door, and announce "speedy dewivery!" and run away. This was his take on the mail guy on Mr. Rogers.

Well, I have been getting speedy dewiveries. Wils and Elijah have been playing post office and then Wil drives around in Zac's cozy coupe and delivers the mail from the trunk. We all get mail, with our names on it even. The way he gets around having to write our names is he gives us a piece of paper and tells us to write our name. Then he makes that paper into our mail. Then he delivers it!

On my way out to go to work yesterday he told me he needs stamps, for his post office. Oh really, I said. What kind? "With the flags on it!" I heard from a ways away--Elijah, the postmaster general, was overseeing it all.
.........................

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Hey Stranger!!! How have you been?