Saturday, October 2, 2010

I return

My muse has been absent for way too long, and I heard it returning today as I sat at work staring at my computer screen. I tried to focus on the task at hand but kept thinking about more fun things to write about.

Update on me: I'm settled in as a staff RN in acute pyschiatric inpatient unit--same unit I was on as a student and as an LPN. So far, so good!

The school year is off to a good start for everyone. Wil has had some adjustment issues and would prefer to be home playing all day, but I think we all would. Last year I was able to say OK--you can stay home one more year. This year I had to say "Dude, you're 6--it's time to man up." And he does. He goes, and he enjoys school and does well. He would just rather be home.

Benj is doing great. He turned 8 last week and is a very responsible and dependable student. He throws the occasional fit which is very entertaining because it is so out of character.

Elijah is just cool. Just cool. Good lookin' guy, cool as a cucumber, mature and responsible. Still hates to brush his teeth and it is harder to get him to do his homework than it is to get his sister out of bed in the morning.

Ana girl herself recently completed a one week introduction to swim team class and will now try the YMCA swim team. She is an awesome swimmer, very strong, with those long arms and legs and great muscle. Her backstroke is breathtaking and when she does a flip she sails halfway through the pool on her kick. That's why, you see, the boys are very careful.

Zac is still nuts.............inappropriate for a psych nurse to say but he IS! He calls me and Ana "womans". He pretends to eat worms off the floor. He drives a truck over his legs and says there is a river under there. He likes cheese. He is so, so, so, spoiled.

Brian is content. It's football season. The Vikings suck so he will be needing electroshock treatments soon.

Casey, Leo, Jamie, Blue, Thomas, and miscellaneous hermit crabs are all doing good. We haven't seen the kitties for a week because we have been babysitting Dawn and she has been at OUR house the whole time (the idea was for us to feed her at HER house).

I will post pictures tomorrow--I have some good ones from a recent Wisconsin weekend.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Tracy, So good to hear from you and to see that you are on your Blog again. I now have a Laptop and want to put you on it but can't figure out how to. Could you please email me so I can put it on? Thanks loads and I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures.

A homeschool mother to many said...

Good to see things are going great for you the ladies on BBC are asking about you,drop in some time and let us know how your doing.