Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Big Week

I just noticed how long it's been since I've posted--sorry about that. The primary reason is because my computer is being a turd. It's as old as Ana and she will be 9 in 2 weeks (which I do not like altogether that much). I guess it is time to replace it but I'm dragging my feet.

So, how has it been a big week? Well, for starters, as of today I'm a graduate nurse! I won't be licensed til I take and pass my boards (and I don't know yet when that will be, hopefully within weeks). But I have completed all requirements for my degree. This Thursday we will have a pinning ceremony, a small celebration for just our class, instructors, and our families. I can't believe I just did that. Wow! I brought little treats home for the kids today to thank them for being so patient with mommy and all the homework and absences. They were really great and so was Brian (mostly). I'll jump right into work on my RN but this should be an easier process logistically. I also got the job I wanted, on the unit I wanted, at the VA. Getting clearance to start is a major undertaking with the federal government. If you know me, they might call you, and I'm not kidding! However the job was offered and I took it, now all I have to do is pass the boards. I'm not too worried about those. OH--and I'm waiting for one last grade to be posted. If it is what I'm hoping it will be, then I will have made the Dean's List again this semester. Yes, I'm bragging shamelessly...haha :)

But I wasn't the only one with a big week. Ariana was the bravest girl in the world. She auditioned all by herself for a role in the play Pollyanna at the Paramount Theater in St. Cloud. She did fantastic! I couldn't believe how brave she was. She had to go into a big room with a bunch of other kids and the theater staff, and I couldn't go with. I had company, though. Wilson :) always guaranteed to make for a good time. So he and I were talking while we waited. I noticed his eyes are getting to look more brown like Brian's and less green like mine. I told him that, and he said "No, they're not brown." "Oh," I said, "do you think they are still green?" "No, they're pink, you doofus!"

(that was not sarcasm, he was being silly!)

She was in there for about an hour and when all the kids came piling out, she came toward us with the biggest, happiest, proudest smile on her dimpled face! She was thrilled with how the audition had gone. She enjoyed the process, which is what I wanted her to do. She was excited because she kept getting asked to do more things for the "auditioners" (whatever you call them).

Tonight they had another set of auditions and tomorrow they will post some call-backs (I guess that means people they want to look more closely at). Friday they will post a final cast list. If you don't get a call-back, it doesn't mean you didn't get a part.

Now, seriously, because this was her first audition and there were so many kids there who seemed experienced, I doubt she will get a part. However, I do think that she will keep doing this (she begged to!) and each time she will be more confident and more skilled and eventually, yes, she is going to be in a play at the Paramount! I made her promise me she wouldn't be too disappointed by not getting a part, and she seemed sincere in her agreement.

While we were there, something funny happened here. Elijah had a boy scout meeting and I had asked his friend Noah's dad to pick him up because Brian would be here with all the other boys. So I get this email from Brian that Elijah and Ben were at the meeting. ?? Turns out he had sent Ben with Noah's parents too! No matter, Ben loved it, and is eager to be a scout next year himself. Won't that be cute, two boy scouts in blue uniforms? One bacat and one woof!

Elijah has a rash on his back tonight and we were wondering what it might be from and he got silly and said "I know! Maybe Allie touched me too much!". Ana thought that was hilarious. He didn't meant it the way it sounded; they play around like first graders, with pushing and shoving and all that. But it was cute.

We have a new hairdo. Ben looks like a two week old yard with one strip of mowing. But he does not know who cut his hair. It was somebody else, but he doesn't remember. Hmmmm. And get this...Henry told his mom that Ben looked wierd today! Hahahahahaha!

Baby is now officially into everything. He is pulling my tupperware out and bringing it all over the house. He also is "driving" his cars. Turning into a little boy! He says bye bye when he waves, and looks at the door. Sigh. They grow up so fast. No, don't worry, I won't have another one.

Speaking of having a lot of kids, though; tonight as I was tucking everyone in to their communal dorm (in Ariana's room) William was being stubborn about sleeping with Rah in her bed. I wasn't going to let him but the little turd just tucked himself in with his blanked. So then Ben and Lij want to know why HE gets to sleep with their sister. I told him he is very spoiled to get to do that. And then I addressed a big beaming face beside him and said "Actually, Ana, sometimes I think YOU are the spoiled one!". And she very quickly admitted, "Yes, me and
Zac!"

No comments: