Saturday, May 3, 2008

spring

It seems it might finally be here--but I shouldn't say that, just in case.

Wil and Ben had a vacation at Grandma's house this week. It was a spur of the moment thing and they were gone for 3 days. They had a great time and got very spoiled! On their last night there they had an adventure....a big black bear walked across grandma and grandpa's yard in daylight. Grandpa said it's because there isn't enough for them to eat so they are foraging closer to people. William told me it walked over to Hans' house. I asked him if it ate Hans and he said "Yes. Yes it did." (oh dear!)

He has discovered that our phone has an auto dial number for Grandma and Grandpa so ever since he returned home he has been taking advantage of that. He has requested that he go back there on Tuesday. Grandma is to pick him up. A recent phone conversation as reported by Grandma later:

William: "Where is Papa?"

Grandma: "Papa is in the garage."

"Why is Papa in the garage?"

"He is cleaning the garage."

"Why is he cleaning the garage?"

"Because it is dirty."

"Why is it dirty?"

And ad infinitum.

The whole adventure started with William asking me Tuesday morning "Mommy, will you bring me to Grandma's house?". It was just too cute to resist and Grandma happened to be off enough days to have them.

Keep in mind this is the boy who meowed at his preschool screening and the lady asked me if he could talk.

Benjamin just told me "if the titanic was in our lake it would go all the way across". Well, yes indeed I suspect it would. Even more interesting to think about is that it would rest on the bottom and a goodly portion of it would be above water, with the depth of Big Fish being 20 feet if I recall correctly. If I'm wrong I'd say it's 40, and the titanic is still more than 40 feet tall--by a lot. Too bad the Titanic wasn't in Big Fish Lake when it hit an iceberg, most of those people would still be alive. These kids really make you think about useless stuff.

No comments: