Sunday, May 10, 2009

Stuff

I'm way behind again. School is finished for the semester and there were quite a few big projects due last week so that's where my mind has been. The semester ended up pretty good. I start summer school already in 2 weeks. I don't mind, I'd rather just keep plugging away. It'll be a heavy courseload but it gets me that much closer to being able to add "RN, BSN" after my name!

Psych unit story. Old guy with schizophrenia, chronic psych patient. A nurse walked into the bathroom and saw what he thought was this patient urinating in the sink. Oh, but appearances can be decieving. One must never assume. The patient was actually, to quote "washing my balls"

I went through some of the kid's school stuff from the year and found a cute paper Ben did. He was supposed to finish the sentence "If I had 100 __________ I would ____________". When Ana was in first grade her answer was "If I had 100 dogs, I would love them all.". That was so cute. Elijah's was "If I had 100 dollars, I would get 100 legos" that was so Elijah. And Ben? "If I had 100 dollars I would buy a motercicle and drive it to my Grammas"

Leo seems to be getting the hang of this only dog stuff. I noticed something really interesting--he and Minnie always barked their heads off at Mr Grundman, also known as "Crabby Neighbor". With Minnie gone, Leo is no longer doing this. Maybe it was all for show!

Thomas, our donkey, has some big news. He has been asked to serve as a stud. A less likely stud you will not find, trust me. Apparently the guy wants to cross him with his female pony to make a miniature mule. Now THAT I can't wait to see. Would it be a ponkey, or a dony? Thomas really is a funny little guy and if we had acreage I'd have more donkeys--or maybe a ponkey too.

I have prepared the summer schedules for the kids, for the most part. Ana talked her brothers into joining her at the crafty week at the school. So they are going to spend a week of summer school doing latchhook, perler beading, knifty knitting, etc. What a visual. Other than that they will do swimming lessons and Ana will do a theater camp (and babysitting course).

Running is getting really fun all of a sudden. I've been able to increase my mileage AND my speed, and my endurance feels much stronger. It must be true what they say about female runners peaking in the 30s. I decided not to sign up for the Twin Cities Marathon after all; I would love to, but I won't know my schedule for clinicals until fall and if I pay 100 bucks for the marathon and have to be in Fargo for clinical instead, I will not care for that. So I'll just stick to some local shorter runs.

Here's the thing though. I'm mad. I can run 6 miles a day for weeks at a time AND I STILL HAVE A GUT. Granted, that gut has contained a total of 45 pounds of humanity over the last decade, so i suppose I could cut it some slack. I still hate the damn thing though. It's a POOCH. A POOCHY thing. I want to get my belly ring back but it would look stupid on a POOCH. Maybe I'll have to pierce something else.

Brian and I are playing kickball on the VA league this summer. I'm excited that it's kickball--I suck at softball. I should be able to kick a ball--should. It's not a giant endeavor, only about 12 games total, always Monday or Tuesday at 5 or 6 PM so that works really well for our schedules. The kids can come watch if I can have a sitter with--but as one potential sitter pointed out--if Zac is there he is going to expect Brian to play while carrying him. A major case of spoiled going on there.

Funny conversation with Elijah...he was saying that he and Ana are not little kids, that's what some certain activity was for (I can't remember what it was). Well, I said, what are you then? He got his "jokin' ya" expression and said "I'm an adult, mother." Keep in mind this guy is 8. "I'm an adult, mother."

No comments: