Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Barfing Flu




OH, was it awful. For the first time eve, all 7 of us had the barfing flu! What that meant is that Brian went to bed for 2 days and I stayed up for 2 days. He's usually not that big of a baby but this time...oh, this time. There was barf EVERYWHERE. I had to go to supervalu to get popsicles/gatoraid for the kids because they were so dehydrated and I actually barfed at supervalu. Yeah, I did! I made it to the bathroom but barely, and Zac was with me and wouldn't shut the stall door. He kept talking. "Mommy, you're FROWING UP NOW?"

Some pictures of the carnage above. Note that our canine family members cannot be left out of the fun. Leo is a nurse pug, as you can see. He is the Florence Nightingale of canines. He is always ready to hold your hand for you, or just sit quietly at the bedside as you pass away (or wish to). Casey, on the other hand, I couldn't tell if he was nursing assistant or the patient in the other bed. If you look at his face he looks pretty pained. It could have been sympathy. He did help a lot with barf clean up though--you don't want to know how. So maybe he is just housekeeping staff.

Last but not least, Dottie the laundry dog. With laundry in disarray thanks to loads and loads of barfy bedding and clothes, Zac chose to recline on the couch after a bath and wear his favorite fur coat. This isn't the first time he has worn it in the nude, which is why I say favorite. There must be something very sensual about wearing Shih Tzu in the nude.....

No comments: