Thursday, April 17, 2008

Bike season!

Yeah! It's my favorite season! Most of you know my passion for riding bike, and how that's getting better every year as I add another rider to my posse. Last night I got my bike down and took 4 trips around the "block" (is it called that out in the country?) , 2 with ben and then 2 with wil. The big kids got off the bus and joined me.

Today Elijah has a friend over. Noah lives down the road a bit so he and his dad and brother just rode here on their bikes. As long as Noah had his bike here, we decided to go for ride. So while Zac was sleeping, me and all the other kids went out. Ana and Lij on their bikes, Ben and Wil in the Burley (trailer). I'm told that Ben is now riding his bike without training wheels but I have yet to observe.

SO, anyway, we went around the block, everyone doing great, staying to the side of the road. Then we go to the last turn across the highway to our road. Elijah and Noah went way ahead and CROSSED THE HIGHWAY WITHOUT MY PERMISSION! I was so mad at them. Keep in mind this is EXTREMELY uncharacteristic of Elijah. Definately scary what happens to boys in packs! I saw what was happening and I yelled as loud as I could "YOU GUYS DO NOT CROSS THE HIGHWAY UNTIL I GET THERE!"

And then from immediately in front of me I hear:
"YOU GUYS DO NOT CROSS THE HIGHWAY UNTIL MOMMY GETS THERE!" (Ana)

And then from immediately behind me I hear:
"YOU GUYS DO NOT CROSS THE HIGHWAY UNTIL MOMMY GETS THERE!" (Ben)

And then....from next to Ben I hear:

"Yeah!" (William).
.........

Oh, about the "hearing". I'm hearing all that stuff cuz I finally got my new pink implant!! Yay! It works great and I love the color. I'm finally living on the wild side.

We are heading to town in a bit to get some running shoes for a couple kids with holes in theirs. It's a bad idea to do that the day before a race, but I just didn't get to it before. Should be OK, it's only 1K. Elijah decided to join his siblings for this event but whatever you do, do NOT call it a race to him. We are referring to it as a "run" and then he is all excited. If competition is implied he's out like a light.

No comments: