Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Minnows and dentists

Elijah lost his 2nd tooth over the weekend and is flush with tooth fairy money. So yesterday he and I took Ariana to Sauk Rapids to drop her off at her theater camp, and afterward we went shopping for bait. At the little convenience store we were directed to, a young lady was working the register and came to assist us with making the live bait selection and purchase. I could tell by the way she was acting that she thought he was just adorable. And he WAS cute :) He had questions for her about each type of minnow. He made a final selection and she scooped a bunch out for him; his eyes got huge when he saw how many minnows he was getting for three dollars. He was acting so grown up and mature that when we got to the check out and she told him his total was 3.25 and he panicked because he only had 2 dollar bills (but a big bowl of quarters) it was just endearing. I explained that he actually had plenty of dollars because the coins work the same as the paper ones, they just count different.

On the way home I said "So, Lij, are minnows baby fish?" and he responded with all the authority of a professor, "No, they are a TYPE of fish."

Meanwhile Brian brought Ben and Wil to the dentist. Ben was his usual good boy self and Wil wouldn't open his mouth. I'm just glad he didn't meow. This is the same thing that happened 6 months ago and he still isn't ready. I'm wondering if this is another indication that he might not be ready for kindergarten next year.

We have some wonderful news in that it is very possible Henry will not be moving to Iowa after all. Stacey said it's not 100% yet but it's looking like things just aren't going to work out for them to move back there. When I told Ben he pretended to fall over in a dead faint :)

Ana seems to have had a good start to theater camp. I went to bed after we got home from dropping her off and slept til time to go to work so I didn't have a chance to ask her about it. Brian said she was happy and excited when he picked her up and I went down and saw her script and she is "Elf number 2" in the Hobbit.

Zac did his drama queen number yesterday morning when I picked them up at charlottes. He saw that I was there and and immediately laid on his face on the floor in grief (after covering said face with tiny fat hands) because I hadn't come over to pick him up instead of making him walk. The abuse is just getting to be too much for him, poor dear.

No comments: