Saturday, August 30, 2008

school

It's that time of the year again! Ariana is beside herself with excitement and can't wait to get back. Elijah isn't (more on that later) and it's anyone's guess how Ben feels about it.

We had open house for them on Wednesday night and they were able to meet their teachers and see who is in their classes. Ana was hoping for a Ms Ebnet because she does plays, but instead was assigned to a Mr. Meyer. At first she was disappointed but after meeting him we are both looking forward to the year. He seemed really cool and fun. Besides, like she said, she's never had a "boy" teacher. Even if he weren't cool, it would be more than offset by the exciting news that her two best friends in the whole entire world and maybe universe are in her class! Paije and Lexi!

I'm kind of bummed for Elijah; he didn't really have a preference for a teacher, so that didn't matter very much, but not a single one of his old friends is in his class this year. He'll make new ones, I know that, but it makes it even harder for him to be excited to go back when he doesn't have buddies to look forward to (in the classroom, I'm sure they'll be together on the playground). We walked into his new room and the teacher had written "Are you excited to go back to school?" on the dry erase board; each student had a magnet with their name on it that they were supposed to put in the appropriate column ("yes" or "no"). There were about 15 "yeses" and after we got there, there was one "no"................! He put his name under "no"! hahaha! But that wasn't even the funny part. So his teacher laughed and asked him "So, why aren't you excited to go back to school?" and he said "Cuz I'd rather be FISHIN'!"

Ben has Mrs. Tulkki, who is well known to us as both of his older siblings had her as well. She had big hugs for all 3 of them but Ben escaped and ran away. I could see the blush on the backs of his ears. He had his hands in his pockets, too...........Mr. Cool.

Speaking of blush--and Ben. He and Wil got into my makeup a few days ago. They do that from time to time. They don't ruin it so I don't mind all that much, but this time they put so much makeup on their faces I couldn't get it off. Oh, and they put it on right, too. So I had William in the tub and I was scrubbing foundation off his face (he was very pretty) and I said "Wil, don't put make up on anymore" and he agreed and said "Yeah, Mommy...............not til I'm older."

Ana got to direct her first play this week. She has been pining to have her girlfriends over and direct a play with them in it. Finally I let her do it on Thursday. There were 10 kids in my basement at one point. They had a great time and they all cooperated for quite a while with her too. Zac fell in love with Sarah Hofmann, Lexi and Kaitlyn's little sister who is Wil's age. He followed her around and stared at her with the biggest, greenest, roundest, eyes. I consider it the day he discovered girls. I remember that day for the other boys also. Funny because i do NOT remember Ariana "discovering boys". I suppose that comes much later...but why do the boys make that discovery in babyhood? Too funny.

We got together with Henry and Kate on Thursday early afternoon. Henry and Ben are in different classrooms...bummer. But again, I know Ben will make new friends, and he'll probably be with Henry outside the classroom a lot too.

Last night the kids were busy making memories :) The boys have been running around in a cluster all summer (Elijah, Ben, Wil). Last night they were still outside at dusk running from one thing to another and I told Ariana to go out there and run around in the dark with them--it is SO much fun to run around in the dark when you're a kid! She did, and they didn't come in til close to 10. Lij came in around 9 30 to get her inhaler for her (haha...why couldn't SHE?) and ran back out. I don't know what they were playing--I asked and it was something about bark from trees? Don't wanna know.

Well, I better get back to work.........I have some noon meds to pass. Next should be an update about my own school (BSN work).

No comments: