Saturday, August 9, 2008

Wils is 4

Wils is officially 4 today! We had his little get-together in Cambridge yesterday and he was the bestest birthday boy. His big brother Elijah was joined to him at the hip to help with gift opening and to give reminders to say thank you. And reminders to let brothers play with new toys.

After opening gifts, Wils lined them up nicely on the picnic table and admired them.

Elijah went home with my parents and will be spending the weekend with Grandpa Jack while Grandma goes on a 4 wheeling trip. Hans is home too and they will be going fishing. This was all Elijah's idea, he called Grandpa to set it up. It's quiet at my house without him!

On the way back from cambridge yesterday I was sitting in the back between Wils and Ana (they had been laughing and giggling all the way and I just had to join the fun) and he asked me to buy him "buggle gum". I told him he has his very own birthday money now and could use that to buy himSELF buggle gum. His response? "No, mommy, I have other money, I got it from YOUR PANTS!"

Ana and I just hit the floor and laughed so hard. That kid is so darn funny.

Yesterday afternoon Ana was in another play, for the theater camp she just finished in Sauk Rapids. She did FANTASTIC! It's amazing how much she has grown in her acting skills and confidence over the summer. Honestly she was one of the best performers in this production. Her voice was strong and clear and she "emoted". She never looks self conscious, like she is aware of not being the character but being herself. She really did awesome and it's fun to watch her develop her hobby.

Baby spent the party entertaining William's guests. His new tricks include meow, woof, moo, and now a wolf howl at the moon complete with throwing his head back and making a little "O" of his mouth. It's too funny.

Benj is just going with the flow. I think he is looking forward to playing with Lij's toys while Lij is safely 150 miles away! It will be interesting to see if he fishes when Elijah isn't here.

I left Wil's bulldozer wrapped up for him this morning. The word from home is that it was obvious he knew about it and wasn't surprised but was still happy to open it and play with it. I knew he knew--I caught him looking at in the trunk with a tiny, knowing, smile. I could NEVER have that kind of patience!

It's not until about 9 pm tonight that he is officially 4 and I will be there to celebrate it with him (I'm at work right now).

No comments: