Monday, March 3, 2008

Ana's conference

Just back from Ariana's teacher conference. As usual, I couldn't be prouder of her. First and foremost I'm proud of her for just being a good student and one who works hard. Second, I'm proud of her for meeting her goal of raising her math grade from an S- to an S (math is hard for her and she works hard at it).



Third...now the really good stuff :) She has four O's, but Ms. Schmidt said she really earned five because the S+ in handwriting was because of a few times when she got lazy and sloppy--otherwise her skill is very good. Her Os are in social studies (she says it is sooooo easy), reading, spelling, and art. She got S+ in handwriting (again, Ms Schmidt said that was just a hair shy of an O and she considers it O level work) and music, and S in math and physical education. For the record, I always got S's in phy ed too! Seems funny now! I think all of our grades are similar, come to think of it, especially math. I was NOT good at math. It's ironic because I loved science and they are supposed to go hand in hand. I suffered through math in college for the sake of my science ;) She works much harder at math than I did and cares more about actually understanding it. I'm glad of all that.



The report cards say:

O means exceeds all expectations for grade level

S+ means exceeds some expectations for grade level

S means meet expectations for grade level



A few more quick tidbits. They want them to reach a goal of 15 books read for pleasure during the school year. Ana is at 35.......HAHAHA!



They want them to master 70% of their 1000 sight words. She has mastered 97%.



.....................

Brian is at the bakery with 3 little boys giving a cub scout den a tour. Next week he does the same for Elijah's Den. Elijah, Ben, and Wil all went with for this one. I talked them into going with him because I thought they should....I hope they behave!

No comments: