Wednesday, March 5, 2008

leisure reading, leisure writing...

Just wanted to say to those who get impatient when I don't post for a few days: I'm thrilled you like reading my blog, but I don't want to post unless I have time to enjoy the writing process and make it a decent piece of work. So if there's nothing here, rest assured that I'm saving up til my muses awaken. (At present, they're in bed...3 of them reading under the covers)

I'm off from school this week and it's been soooooo nice. I do work a bit (and those late nights wipe me out for a couple days) but I've gotten lots of couch time with my little boys.

Zac is turning into quite the character. He has always had a huge, contagious smile. Now he has added a little nose wrinkle to it. The best part: he knows it's cute, and he flashes it to see our responses. You can't help but be happy looking at that little mug! He is still so very tiny. I dont think he'll be 20 pounds by his first birthday. All of my boys have been petite babies/toddlers, but he is the smallest by far. And the sister....well......has never been what you would call tiny. She was a big, hungry baby!

The kids are very excited because Gramma is coming this weekend. We haven't seen her in a long time because she works for an accountant and this is a busy time of year for them. She is taking a day off work AND skipping church to come. She might go to hell. Won't we have fun?

Wils scrubbed my (sidekick) cell phone with a toothbrush (a WET toothbrush) yesterday and it hasn't been the same since. It sort of limps along but it does odd stuff like flip through a bunch of emails at one time. I did thank him for the thought but I wish he would save the cleaning for...for....well, I wish he wouldn't clean at all right now, to be honest!

Boos big news this week is that Mrs Trimble rearranged her classroom and he has new table mates. Remember when life was so simple? I remember Mrs. Bergquist doing that kind of thing. It was huge. He also told me today that they had phy ed this morning and they "did bowling" and he "gotted one".

Wils had ECFE last night and we had a great time. He is so fun to hang out with. We go to the bakery afteward for a treat and he makes eyes at the ladies. They stand around in circles and giggle at him. I'm just beginning to imagine what this will be like in 15 years. Hopefully the females will be younger.....

Ana and Lij are just fine, nothing big to report; they are having good weeks, and tomorrow is the last day of their week as they are off on Friday. Ana has had so much homework, she started as soon as she got home today and still has to get up early to do more in the morning. I don't like that very much--homeschooling appeals to me, but not yet.

I guess that's enough for now, because I'm cold down here in the basement.

No comments: