Thursday, December 11, 2008

Barbie Man

I guess I am talking a lot about William lately, but that's because he is so funny. We have had this thing for a long time where I tease him about Barbies. I used to do it with Elijah too an had so much fun. It goes like this----"You like LEGOS? You are NOT going to like Barbie I got you for Christmas!"



Anyway Wils has this book called "Digger Man" and it begins: "I love diggers. My brother is too little, so he doesn't know, but soon I'm going to buy a huge digger."



And I read: "I love Barbies. My brother is too little, so he doesn't know, but soon I'm going to buy a huuuuuuggggge BARBIE!" and we collapse in hysterics.



Just thought you would like the visual.



His face changed this week--very odd--I came home one day and his cheeks seemed much fuller. He now looks a bit like uncle Hans. When I tell him that, he disagrees and says "no, YOU look like Hans!" to which I respond "Yes, exactly, same idea, doofus"



Zac has also been very funny this week. Last night we had "serial kisses". He was making rounds from one person to the next and offering kisses. He kissed every last one of us probably at least 7 times. Then he smiles like he is so happy that he was able to offer us that opportunity and wasn't it nice of him?



He entertained himself yesterday by getting his finger stuck in a little part of William's car track and crying for his dad to help him get it out. Brian would help him and the he'd laugh and go stick it in there again and cry some more. It got to the point where when I got home Brian handed him the little piece of track and said "Go show mommy" and he did; he stuck his finger in the little hole and fussed. It was the most ridiculous thing!



Ana sent me out the other evening to get her pickles because "I want them SO MUCH!". She said she had been thinking about them all day and the need was just getting worse. Somehow she talked me into getting dressed and going out in the cold and snow for her. But as my dad says, I "get it". I, too, have issues with pickle cravings. When you need a pickle, you need a pickle. They must be dill. When I walked in the door and handed them to her she literally sighed. 10 minutes later the jar was all but empty, as we are not the only pickle people hereabouts.



Lijah saved another "wife" this week. Over the summer he on separate occasions pulled both Wil and Zac from the lake. In both instances, either Brian or I was present but Elijah was closer and faster and had them out before we got there. Monday night, Zac somehow found a small, round, hard, candy by digging in my work bag which was stupidly on the floor and unzipped. Elijah ran up to me carrying him and said "Mommy, he's choking." I was in a space out and didn't respond, and he said "Mommy, he's choking--COME ON!". I realized what was happening and had him head down and was doing back thrusts on him and it took probably 10 thrusts to get it out. He wasn't moving any air at all--very, very, very, close call and scary! Anyway, what if Lij wasn't so hypervigilant? What if he wasn't so insistent? Both of those are traits that drive us nuts about with him, but I we definately have a new appreciation of them (and him). It was interesting to see how calm he is in a crisis, too. Much better than his dad.

No comments: