Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Cozy Coupe Hits the Road

The day after Thanksgiving, I spied something in the ads that I new we had to have. A Cozy Coupe for Zac! Gramma has one that has been around since Reilly's toddlerhood, and each of my kids in turn (or not) have enjoyed it. We have never had one at home. There it was, on sale. I hurried over to Toys Are Us to get one. If you aren't familar with the Cozy Coupe (I didn't realize they had a real name until I saw that ad), it is a large plastic car for toddlers/preschoolers in which they open the door and sit and then self propel with their feet, a la Flintstone. It has a little plastic canopy that quite often is a good place for stowaway brothers.

He took to it like a fish to water (or to William's bed? See previous entry). He gets in it, shuts his door, dangles his little feet (which, sadly, do not quite touch the floor, because he is a midget), and then he said "BYE BYE!". One would expect he would then take off. Here is where it gets funny. I can see the 5th-born in him. He sticks his fuzzy head out and yells for his sister to come and push him! "ANANA! ANANA!". The poor girl pushed him and pushed him and pushed him for what seemed like hours. When she ran out of gas, so to speak, he started yelling "YAYA! YAYA!". That would be Elijah, 2nd in command, 2nd in line for servitude to The Spoiled One. When I left for work today he had not yet graduated to yelling for Ben, but I'm sure it was coming. He'll probably be 5 before he figure out he can move it himself with his feet.

No comments: