Saturday, December 20, 2008

It's Cold In My Shirt

Wils said that to me after pulling on a shirt from his basket in the laundry room. I know what he meant.....it was cold from sitting in the basket in the laundry room. So here I sat at work, and it's hot in my shirt. It's always hot in my shirts!!!!!


As of yesterday the kids are done with school til after Christmas break. So far they have been very busy with various self-invented sports, some of them less than appealing. For one thing, Ben and Wil (seems it's usually THEM lately....Ana writes and reads, Lij plays with his Barbies, I mean Legos) sprayed the hard floor with water and then took turns running and sliding in it. You might wonder where I was through all this. I was right there watching them. It's almost scary, isn't it? I guess most things just aren't worth getting excited about.

Muffie is finally getting another tooth. It will help with the equine look he has had for several months now. He has a new trick, too--he runs! He is pretty excited with himself and his new skill. You gotta laugh. He and William are into flashlights and if they are nowhere to be seen they are usually in a cabinet with flashlights. They are pretty good buds right now.

I'm mostly ready for Christmas, I think. So far I have stuck to my goal of keeping it simple. Each kid is getting 4-5 gifts, and only one (per kid) is pricey. There are some miscellaneous arts and crafts stuff for the stockings that I didn't include in that tally. Now, the challenge is to get it all to Wisconsin for Christmas, as we will be there overnight Christmas eve. This is so embarrassing but I think we need a trailer to haul everything home. It's not so much because of the stuff, but because of the people taking up all the cargo room. Plus the dogs and luggage for the 2 days we will be there.

We are giving Zaccy his cozy coupe tomorrow because it's just too big to make the trip with us. It will be so fun to see him driving around. I know he is going to enjoy that trunk. Bet he'll put M and Ms in it.

The boys have managed to destroy one of the recliners by rocking backward so vigorously that it now wants to flip backward whenever you sit in it. So what happens is you sit down, relieved to sink your tired self into the big comfy chair, and the next thing you know you are completely upside down with your feet in the air. It feels really stupid and looks even stupider, if you are not the person who is inadvertently upside down. If you happened to have been holding food, you are really up the creek. In my case, I'm usually holding a few kids, the dogs, a book, AND some food.

Wil's fear of a big fish that will come to his bed has re-emerged. He'll sit there and tell you there is a fish under the ice that he is afraid will come to his bed. Now, I know about irrational fears--I REMEMBER the day I was finally reassured that I would not fit down the drain in the tub. But this one....it's just really unique! At one time it was horses ("horshes"). He thought horshes would come to his bed. I can kind of get that one, if I think about it, because they can walk and they do breath air. I remember another wierd fear I had, I was always afraid to roll over in my bed because I was afraid that one of those beings who wear hoods and have no faces would be there. I'll have to work on remembering more of those wierd phobias I had, some of them are pretty good.

No comments: