Tuesday, January 27, 2009

conversations with wil

Last night I took him with me to join Ariana at her annual girl scout roller skating event. He wanted to try skating, so we rented him some skates, and sure enough he skated! He did really well; definately a beginner but you know how wils is. Rocket boy. That's how he came into the world. No hesitation, just did it. Anyway, he had a slushie kind of treat to eat and then later when it was time to go he got very cranky. I told him I thought he was getting crabby from the sugar. He crossed his arms, gave me the dirtiest look he could dig up, and said "Actually, I'm crabby from YOU!"

Today he had school. It continues to go well. No hesitation. When I picked him up, I asked him what he did. We played, he said. Who did you play with, I asked. Kooper! He said. Did you play with Gavin, too? I asked. No, he said...we just LOOKED at Gavin.

Don't ask, cuz I don't know.

By the way, he pronounces Gavin as "Gabin".
.......................................................................................
Ben is working on another book, this one called "What Are You Dowing?" (sic)
So far, it goes like this:

Are you sleeping? (picture of person in bed) NO
Are you playing? (picture of person with toys) NO
Are you eating? (picture of person eating) NO
Are you carsick? (picture of stick person barfing) NO

???????????? Carsick??????????????????????????????????

He hasn't finished it so I don't know yet what exactly his character IS doing. Can't wait to find out. I'll keep you posted.

................................

Will close with a Lijah story. Today he told me "I don't hardly have any toys."
So we will put him on the Marine Corp toys for tots list next Christmas.

No comments: