Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Wils

The guy just might need his own web site.

I was off today and as usual had a great time bumming around with him. He had school, and he and I went to the bakery on the way. He noticed a rack of cakes and said "I think I need those" {Note here for BBC Carla: can you relate?}

We went downstairs to the office and he saw the wedding cakes displayed and said "I REALLY want one of those". I told him that he would have to get married to have one of those. So he said "Yeah, I want to get married." Had to ask, "Who are you going to marry?" and he responded with the eternally heartwarming "YOU!" So, I guess I am engaged.

Tonight we laid down with a book about the Titanic for bedtime reading. We will do that often, choose a book designed for much older kids, if it's full of cool pictures, and then I just sort of bring it down to a level he can understand. So I laid down with the book and said "Tonight we are going to read about the Titanic," (and was about to say "which was a big ship that sank") and he said "Hey! I heard about that on Reading Rainbow!"

As we went through the book, we saw pictures of the ship before it sank. Some of the pictures were quite striking. I commented that it was gorgeous. William said 'Gorgeous is on Wall-E". I was puzzled, and asked him to clarify, and he said "That guy said 'you're gorgeous!'"
I have confirmed with Ana that the line is indeed in the movie....hahaha :)

Let me digress for a moment to say that I told all the 3 older kids that they will remember today for the rest of their lives, and that they will remember me telling them they will remember it for the rest of their lives. Ana and I were talking and we think there will be a female president in my lifetime. God, I hope so........we are so past due. In the meantime, I am excited to see what Obama can do.

I actually felt sorry for Bush. Did you see when he and Laura flew over in the helicopter some people were going "Nah nah, hey, hey, hey GOODBYE!". Granted, it was hilarious....hahahaha! But I still feel sorry for him.

I'm off again tomorrow and as I told Wil, we will have a busy day with cooking, cleaning, and shopping. He grinned his big grin and said "I like cooking!" He sure does, and he has a knack for it.

Zac is making me laugh with his signing. He saw me approaching with his pajamas and turned his head away but stuck his hand out at me to sign "NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO". Yeah, I get the point, I get the point. But too bad for you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hated Bush's administration with a passion, but I don't think he deserves all the taunting he has been getting...for chrissakes, he was *elected* to this position (never mind the court decision) twice, and actually did do some good things. Show the man some respect...

With that said...I'm so excited I can finally post comments here again! It wasn't letting me do that for some reason.

Anonymous said...

Wow my name up there in "lights" LOL.Thanks Tracy! I think me & Wils would hit it off well LOL Fellow cake lovers & all. Your kids are funny. Heath said "I'm hunky" today as he was carrying a gallon of milk out of fridge . His older bro Birk says he's hunky all the time (like a hunk meaning strong). Weirdos.