Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sorry, I'm Broke Right Now

Ariana started her girl scout cookie sales today. She hit her brothers up first and Elijah responded with "Sorry, I'm broke right now."
.......................................
We had a fun day. Brian finally got his auger fixed so he went out and drilled some holes for the boys to ice fish. They didn't catch anything (he drilled totally in the wrong spot...totally!) but they had fun and I could tell they were really proud of it. ("Mommy, can I borrow your gloves, because I went ice fishing and mine are WET")

Ariana and I had to go to St Boniface at 10 30 to put flyers on windshields for this Cold Spring community event next weekend that her girl scout troop is assisting with. We brought Zac with because the bigger boys were ice fishing. He was so funny toddling along with us in his snowsuit. He followed his SISTER much more than he followed me. She is so patient with him. "Come on now, Bubbie, you can walk!" We kept losing him between cars (it wasn't worrisome because this was in a closed parking lot and there was absolutely no activity whatsoever as St Boniface has an uptight parish and they wouldn't dream of leaving early).

I dropped Elijah off at 1:00 for a playdate with his pal Allie. He said they had a great time. He played hockey, played with her Wii (wait...say that out loud...that does not sound right), got a snowmobile ride with her Dad, and played hockey with her brother. They are a lovely family and all of my kids love Allie. When she comes to our house she is so busy going from person to person, because everyone wants a bit of her and she wants to check in with everyone. This includes me, you understand.

I'm at work and we got to do a little wrasslin' tonight. That always makes for a fun shift. Especially when I'm the med nurse and get to give the shots after the pin is made. We had a guy throwing stuff at us and we had to barricade him off from the nursing station and call the cops. The funny part....he is OLD as dirt. Very psychotic, obviously. Fortunately the ativan injection worked wonderfully and I am now watching him on a monitor as he snoozes away. Hopefully by the time it wears off the night shift will be here and they can take the next round :)

I started my BSN early this week and I think it will be quite doable. I'm impressed with the online program Presentation College has put together--it's very user friendly, well supported, and rather rigorous, which I like. This format is really ideal for me, not only because I'm not having to drive somewhere and sit in class, but because I can participate in the discussions so much more than in a live classroom. Discussions are in bulletin board format, so being a good writer and reader is what matters--NOT having to HEAR!. This program should take me 18 months from now. This semester I have 3 classes, I'll take one in the summer, 2 in the fall, and then 3 more next spring. The fall semester will be the hardest as I will have to travel for some clinical work, but for one semester that's no biggie. The spring semester there will be clinical as well, but it will more than likely be done right here in St Cloud as it is community health and they just set you up with your local public health nurse.

This week I want to finalize Elijah's birthday party plans. He turns 8 on February 13th! He has chosen a movie theater party. The new theater in Cold Spring has a really nice deal. I'm not thrilled about movie choices, but he wants to see Mall Cop and it is rated PG so I guess that should be OK.

PS Mary Gustafson...I got your email and I can't answer from clearwire because it's only on my teeny tiny phone right now, so how about you email me at tracy.schurman@va.gov so I have your address in my book here and I'll zap you back?

No comments: