Thursday, February 21, 2008

housing

Most of you know I've always hated the size of this house (4200 sf). It's too big to be practical and now with the economy as scary as it is, it's a downright burden. But this isn't a bitchy post. On the contrary, I just tucked 3 kids into one bed (minus another guy that I made go to bed at 7 because he was cranky from the eclipse viewing last night) and I'm just thinking that we (Americans?) have oversized everything and gotten so greedy (that wasn't me, that was Brian, all the way!) but kids innately prefer more closeness and less expanse. We have these huge bedrooms for them and they want to share A BED! Their idea of private time is to sit in their corner where they can still see everyone else and everyone else can still see them (although ideally won't be actually LOOKING). Geez, I could easily chop of 1,000 sf and not only not miss it, but we'd all feel cozier. But they'd probably still want to share a bed :) I like that!

Reports of my early retirement from milk production were greatly exaggerated. I guess baby just took a day off. Today he was digging around like it's still his business. At the same time I realized I have no idea where the bottles are and I don't have the first clue how to make formula! So I'll just keep whipping 'em out til he's 1, as long as he remembers he has that option. I suppose it's always possible he'll forget again, or change his mind again, or take another day off, whatever the heck it is he just did. But "they" didn't seem to mind and offered no protests.

Lij is planning on getting two more white dumpy tree frogs. He plans to name them Dumpy Too and Dumpy Also.

No comments: