Sunday, February 10, 2008

I survived the party

Lij's birthday party was very nice. I was surprised by how quiet the big boys were. They are all into small toys like bionicles and legos and they just sat in a big circle and worked on them. The GIRLS took a few years off my life! They all had a good time, though, and were well behaved. Lij did a nice job letting his friends touch his toys, considering that's a painful thing for him.

Ariana and I had an email conversation today while I was working. I followed up to our discussion about what she wants to be when she grows up by asking what grade she wants to teach. Here is her answer verbatim:

"I would say kindergarden preschool and first grade. I could do kindergarten at 5:00 too 6:00 and preschool 7:09 to 8:03 and first grade 9:00 to 3:45"

Are we ambitious? :)

This morning while I was doing things in the basement William and Zac played together by the treadmill (it's nonfunctioning and the company won't return my emails; they have a complicated phone system that makes it so relay is useless; we don't have VRS, and I can't understand them on the phone, so the 25 year warranty is useless). Wil was showing Zac how to drive hotwheels. It was pretty cute. Zac has started saying something that sounds like "mymomma! mymomma!" in a sort of blubber while dragging his little self along the floor after me. It's a WHINEY thing but it's cute.

This week I have 5 days straight of school; 2 days of class (Mon and Tue) and 3 days of hospital clinicals after that. It's the surgical recovery floor rotation; this is the unit Charlotte worked on for 30 years and you KNOW she told all her friends to watch for me. I hate this. I could try to hide my identifying characteristics, but that would require hair straightening, blonde dye, and a miracle.

Also of note this week is that Elijah will have his actual birthday and turn 7! Wow! Hard to believe. He does LOOK 7 though; he has gotten very tall and is filling out as well.

We are now at the point of winter that reminds me of the last few weeks of pregnancy. You can't remember things ever being any other way and you can't believe they'll ever be any different. Everything is so insular and enclosed, including my head!

1 comment:

serenebalance said...

"I would say..." HAHA! I gotta meet Ariana soon.

Try i711.com for relay - they're pretty good? You can also instruct the CA to "get to a live rep," and explain the situation beforehand. or if you have a webcam, you can use any of the services...

(p.s. I don't know why my name isn't showing - but this is Trudy)