Monday, February 11, 2008

I cannot believe he said that

Tonight elijah and I had cub scouts. It was a nice, quick meeting; we discussed nutrition and the food pyramid. Then we moved on to planning the next meeting, which is a tour of the bakery (it just hit me that it's ironic coming after a nutrition meeting). The leader had spoken with me about it before, so at the meeting she just asked if we could still do it March 10th at 6 30 PM. I confirmed that this would be fine. Then Elijah raised his hand (always, always, always, raises that hand--this guy does NOT talk out of turn). His leader called on him. And he stood up and LOUDLY declared "I OWN THE BAKERY"

My God, I turned every shade of red. My jaw went slack. My face was hot. I would never, ever, in a million years have expected that statement to come out of HIS mouth!!!! I'm trying to figure out where it came from. We will be having a talk about that issue, because I dislike that type of advertising, but for now I'm just going to have a laugh about it.

On the way home we were talking about my very bad day (yes, it continues; I am wondering if it would be better to spend this year in a coma, for safety). First my car slid into the ditch at the end of the driveway. Then I took the Denali and stopped at the bakery for water and as I was leaving THAT son of a bitch slid into some chicks car and crumpled her fender. Yeah. It was just a really bad day. So Lij was looking to make me feel better and he said "I ALWAYS have bad days!"

No comments: