Thursday, February 7, 2008

trap

Lij asked me today if we could put a trap by his corner so if his brothers try to go there, they get TRAPPED! Picture them hanging upside down by their ankles with contraband hotwheels in their greedy little fists...hahahaha!

Ana and Lij had dentist appointments today and I am relieved to say there are no cavities. I really thought Ana would have some, but she didn't. The exciting news is that Mr. Lij now has 6 year molars, which we didn't know, and which explains the behavior leading up to his stay at Hazeldon. I mean Grandma's. (It's me who went to Hazeldon that weekend.)

His hygienist (I HATE spelling that word!) told me after that he is such a nice little boy. See, he really is the angel out in public. Me and Ana, we don't bother. If we are nasty, we are nasty.

Hey, if you guys are having trouble getting used to Wil's hair cut short, wait til you see it with a bottle of Elmer's glue in it! Yes, he did that! It has the consistency and appearance of molded doll hair. Like Ken. Same color as Ken, too.

We discovered today that baby likes riding in the wagon. It's too cute. I have pictures to upload and send out.

Oh, the dentist commented on ariana's "dogtag" w hich is a necklace with her name on it that I found for about 1.75 somewhere; her name is even spelled right. I mentioned to the dentist that I had found them for 4 of the kids and was excited about that (the boys get theirs for "valentimes" day). The dentist asked which kid didn't get one and I said "Baby, but he won't mind". The hygienist looked at me oddly for a moment before saying "Is his name really Baby?"

(No, is yours really Stupid?)

Ariana has been wanting to see the Hannah Montana concert movie so badly. There was a real concert tour and scalpers totally ruined it for the little girls who wanted to see it so much. Tickets were costing 180 dollars! Hannah did appear at Target Center but we sure didn't have 180 dollars to take her (360 for an adult to go with her!). She had even looked up tickets online and knew exactly where I could get them...but of course I couldn't. So anyway the promoters decided to tour a movie of the concert but to have it play for only one week in a few theaters. Ana was on it like white on rice. Unfortunately St Cloud isn't showing it....I was thinking about taking her to the cities for it (spoiling, I know, but she is such a good girl and such a big help, and she said she would buy her own ticket--which for a movie is minimal anyway). She heard through the grapevine that Willmar is showing it. Today when she was in school I looked it up online and sure enough, it's showing in Willmar this Friday--and I got us tickets!!!!! I was SOOO excited to show her. When I picked her up at school to go to the dentist I had her close her eyes and I put them in her hand (you just print out your confirmation number and bring it with you, but it prints looking just like a ticket, so it was obvious what it was). The look on her face was, as they say, priceless. It's so nice to be able to treat a kid who really deserves it and who asks for so little. So tomorrow night she and I are going out for GIRL TIME! Willmar is only about 50 minutes away, going West, so it'll be a nice drive, time to visit, and an hour in the theater. I can't wait to see her on the edge of her seat.

She and Lij have been working on their valentines (Ben is DONE!) and they had a good idea. I had bought Power Ranger ones for him and butterfly ones for her. They figured they would split both of them so they could give gender-appropriate ones to each of their classmates. I think it was good teamwork and worked out nicely.

This year I bought 2 bags of little candies so they could tape some on, as in past years I have not done this and they feel bad that their classmates give them treats but they don't reciprocate. One bag was gummy bears (valentine colored) and another was sweettarts. Ana cracked me up--she was very careful to not give gummies to classmates with braces!

No comments: