Saturday, February 16, 2008

This Blog Is Pissing Me Off


It's doing wierd things like eating posts and leaving these big gaps I can't delete. Well, this has been the week of Muffin's new tricks. He waves bye bye, and now he also likes to play patty cake and clap. AND we just caught him going up the stairs! He thought he was hilarious. He sat there, perched precariously, and belly laughed. He had a big audience which I'm afraid he has learned to expect. He also burst Brian's bubble somewhat--he calls the dog "daddy". It's his pronunciation of Doggie, but still....hahaha! I just took Elijah shopping to blow his birthday money. He did have to put 10% in savings first. It almost killed him but he did it. I have to say he is a pretty savvy shopper, with some help. He went for a big clearance Lego item and a buy 2 get 1 free Transformer deal. Ana had some allowance money burning a hole in her pink wallet and she saw a book of children's plays and splurged. She is now directing one here in the basement. She sure loves drama and dialogue. While we were shopping, Ben was doing price checks for Elijah. Lij would say "How much does this cost?" and Ben would look and say (in his monotone) "It's 19.99". He'd be right, too. While riding in the car he has been reading signs out loud. A very fascinating guy. Wils was patient and so good. He sat in the cart and visited with me while the others shopped. I asked him if they were making him as crazy as they were making me, and he said "Yeah, Mommy, they're making me crazy." He used a word that cracked me up earlier this week. On the way home from ECFE with his wonderful Valentimes, he said "Put the bag in my lap, please." I'm not sure why it made me laugh, but it did. I didn't know 3 year olds had laps, I guess!
Many of you know my great aunt Ree; I wanted to let you know she is in the hospital right now with a possible stroke. Last I heard there were no physical symptoms, just word salad. I'm not too concerned just yet because in her life she has survived everything but being hit by a semi and I do think she'd walk away from that as well. I'm not kidding....rheumatic fever with heart damage, Legionnaire's disease, Cerebral aneurysm.....and she gets up and goes on like she had a cold! Nonetheless keep her in your prayers; she loves to take care of everyone else and hates to be sick. She is the center of her family, like so many moms are, and it's hard on them too.

No comments: