Thursday, January 3, 2008

brownies

Forgot to add that we had another adventure in baking this evening. You would think I wouldn't bother trying when I can get it all for free (as the saying goes........) but we have fun with it. Until it's time to clean up...

My problem when I bake is that I don't follow directions, just like everything else. So we started with a basic brownie recipe (not from a mix, no, no, I must do from scratch!). Then we figured maybe some carmel would be good in there too. So we melted that and put that in. I was out of flour but had malt o meal, and you know you can make brownies with that, right? So we used that. I had some white chips (like chocolate chips but white, and not very tasty) to use up, so we put that in too.

The batter was really good. I got kinda sick.

So we stuck it in the oven for awhile at 350 (i did get that part right) and after awhile checked on it and it was fluffing all over the oven. And I do mean all over. Good thing we have a self-cleaning oven and the husband takes care of it. It still smells in here like burning brownie fluff. He just left for work and asked what smells and I told him to never mind.

1 comment:

serenebalance said...

Yay! Another blog to add to my daily morning read. Well, at least you don't consistently confuse flour with powdered sugar. Randy did that when making chocolate chip cookies - and then my grandmother did it again! Either we have a dumb family or I need to label my canisters. :)