Tuesday, January 22, 2008

the playdate

Well, yesterday was the big day. Henry and Kate came over! They brought their mother for me to play with. We all had a nice visit. Ben and Henry are so cute, they are just pals. They haev these serious discussions about...who knows.

Henry, recall, is the guy who likes vacuums. So I had Brian's Dyson set up in the basement for them. Then while I was upstairs with the babies and Stacey, they apparently decided they wanted the Dyson upstairs, and the two of them carried it upstairs together. All of a sudden I just noticed they were vacuuming in the kitchen and knew I had put the Dyson in the basement so I went to ask how the Dyson got upstairs and they said they had carried it up together. I wish I had seen that. It's a big machine and they are little guys!

Wil and Lij hung around with them too. It was nice to see how well they all played together. I do think when they are all older they will share some common friends. Apparently Wil started to get bossy though; he told Henry not to vacuum the living room because that's HIS area (and it is; he is responsible for vacuuming it every night).

Now, the babies. They are 2 days apart so they go back quite a ways. It was really interesting to watch them interact as I got a glimpse of Zac's "real world" personality and what he might be like when he is a little older. The first thing I noticed is that he is a very curious little boy and is very determined to satisfy his curiousity. He wanted to know about Kate's eyes, mouth, and pigtails. So he poked her eyes, stuck his finger in her mouth, and grabbed her pigtails. Several times. She is more of a laid back girl and just sort of let him (we did intervene when the tiny finger went in the tiny eyes!). Another thing I noticed is that he is very bold; I saw no hesitance like I remember the others having even at that age. He just marched (in his own 4-legged way) over to check out the chick. And her mother; he climbed right up on her whenever he felt like it too.

I'll post pictures tonight, we got some cute ones. Big sister was a busy photographer. As soon as they left she said "I wish Kate was MINE".

Brian's birthday is today! We will do a bit of a party tonight. We don't even have to invite anyone because we have enough peeps right here.

Speaking of birthdays, last night Ariana and I were talking about dog years. She asked how old Minnie is in dog years, which would be 21 (using the 7 multiplier). Then she asked about Leo and we realized that he and I are both 35! I was so excited to tell him! But, get this, on his next birthday he'll jump ahead 7 years and be Brian's age instead.

Off to school--will post pictures later.

No comments: