Tuesday, January 8, 2008

There's a monster under my truck

That was Wil's excuse for getting up out of his bed this evening. I can't say I've heard that one before! He was with me at the bakery this morning and he looked down the long scary stairs to the dark basement and asked if there were horses down there. I think we are going through a stage of experimenting with phobias.

Taking advantage of one more week off, I visited Elijah's classroom today. I joined him for his reading group and for art class. It was good to see him in that environment after having spent the better part of this week working on the ad putting him up for sale. As it turns out I might not have to anyway, because some lady in Wisconsin is going to rent him for the weekend and that might be enough to solve the problem. He is going to go ice fishing with his uncle hans! A wise friend pointed out that there will be no danger of them fishing on ice that is too thin. They are both extremely cautious individuals. They can be cautious (and greedy) together. One way they are very different: Elijah talks as much as Hans doesn't. Just like the old days when I talked as much as Hans didn't. {If you're thinking I still do, shut up.}

So anyway, his art teacher said he is an excellent listener and never gives her any trouble; she also loves his creativity and the ideas he comes up with. I could see during the class that what she said was true; he really does pay attention well and follows directions. We might need a maternity test to be sure he is really my kid. I also wonder if they don't zap though some sort of transformer between home and school.

A funny moment during the conversation with his teacher; I asked her if she was Ben's teacher too and she said yes. Then she said "Elijah is the oldest, right?" I said no, Ariana is the oldest and the only girl. And she said "Ariana is yours too????" hahahaha! She knew we had a lot of kids but didn't realize that one was mine. She does look different from her green eyed brothers.

I also got to observe his interactions with his classmates and friends. His pal Allie is a hoot. She reminds physically a bit of his other best friend, his big sister. Allie is a very outgoing and friendly girl and a big tomboy, too. She came up behind him and put him in a headlock when he and I were walking down the hall. It was hilarious. Bit of a knucklerub too. They sit together in just about every class and on the bus too. I'm just waiting til he asks if he can have a sleepover with her. I know it will happen! Ben has already asked about having Emma and Maggie overnight. The thing is, I really don't see why not; but I know their parents will think otherwise.

I'm going to go check William's room for monsters (and horshes) and head to bed.

No comments: