Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Peter Piker Pipped a Pack of Pippled Packers

Ben's homework was a worksheet of the letter "P". It's a weekly thing and comes in checklist form with different questions or activities about the letter of the week. It's always entertaining to get a glimpse inside that interesting head! One of the items was to say the famous tongue twister "Peter Piper Picked a Peck of Pickled Peppers". Now, keep in mind, this is Ben, who has a unique speech pattern to begin with. It came out like the title of the blog today....

Another item was "Have you ever Played in the gym with a Parachute?" He thought for a minute and said "I LOVE that!"

He and Lij have been best buds since Lij came back from his banishment/great adventure. It did them good to be apart for just a tiny bit. The downside is that when they get going on their boy stuff they are annoying...but just a little!

Lij was home sick again today but should be OK to go back tomorrow. He told me that Ashwey in his cwass missed a whole bunch of school one time. I asked him why and he said he thought she had an affection.

Ben finished his number line up to 100 and was excited to show me that when I got home at the end of my busy day today. He had another surprise for me: where 100 leaves off, ABCD has begun. I can't wait to see what comes after Z!

Peeps were getting rowdy at snack time and I was getting snarky. At one point I said "ExCUSE me?" to some sort of misbehavior. The gravity of the moment was destroyed pretty quick by a pipsqueak "Yeah, EXCUSE ME!" from our resident comedian.

Zac is really into following the big boys around now. Wherever they are, if you look close (and low), you'll see a fuzzy head. He does pull himself up to stand now when there is something he can reach but that has to be pretty low to qualify as he has not yet recieved the gift of height. At all.

And then we come to the Brownie. We had our cookie kick off on Monday night (that sounds so suburban house-wifey) and the cookie sales start officially on Sunday. She has a competetive glint in her eye and a few nice prizes circled in her cookie sales guide. This is her 3rd year and she is looking to top her past numbers of about 150 boxes of cookies. It's been an excellent th ing for her because she is very shy at first (like me, and don't laugh, because it's true--emphasis on at first). She's had to do almost every last sale on her own since she started because I get annoyed by parents selling for their kids (and besides, I'm too shy...hahahahaha!) and I've been really proud of how well she's done. This year she got right to it with some personal calls to previous customers with good track records (Gramma and Joanie are always hit up first!). This year, for the first time, I'm going to let her stick her stuff up on the bulletin board at the bakery rather than individually approaching employees as I had her do in the past. Don't be surprised if you get an email or a phone call from a certain ambitious someone with her eye on a new strobe light for her room. Of course it's OK to say no, that's part of the experience for the cookie seller. Just be nice about it :)

Now, onto me, I had my second day of the last semester of this nursing program. A really interesting class is going to be OB. Of interest is the nomenclature for pregnant women; never pregnant is nullipara, first pregnancy is primapara, more than one is multipara, and then we get to the queen of them all: THE GRAND MULTIPARA! I kid you not, that's the term for people like me who don't know when to stop. And get this, after age 35 they tag "elderly" before it.
Elderly grand multipara. If I'm elderly..........well...............are my parents extinct?

No comments: