Friday, January 18, 2008

it's quiet here

Because I have only 4 kids. You would be amazed how easy 4 kids are when you are used to 5 (and 5 isn't bad either). Ariana is at a sleepover but I kind of hope she comes home. I'm half expecting it. She was nervous about it but also very excited.

I had a computer training at the hospital this morning as part of my clinical orientation. We have to know how to use their computer record system before we work up on the units. We are moving right along; they say this last semester goes incredibly fast, and that's fine! I tend to enjoy school but being done with this particular phase and finally earning some money will be a big relief. The next 6 weeks will be (as a coworker who is in the military says) "Balls to the wall" (I so hate that visual) but by the end of February I'll be done with the vast majority of my clinicals. Yay! All I'll have left for March is 4 evening clinicals at a group home. These busy 6 weeks will be tough on the little ones so keep them in your thoughts. They work as hard as I do to help us all get to our goal of mommy being a nurse. Brian as well has gone with even less sleep than usual. We know it will be well worth it!

Ben has been my entertainment today. I was home by about 1 pm and he asked if he could go to Joanie's house. I told him to call her. End result is that we talk and agree tomorrow would be best, so he is set for that. Well then he wants to call Grandma. I said sure (we have an awesome long distance plan, its very cheap so I'm fine with them calling Grandma as much as they need to). I was busy with baby and Ben called Grandma at work on her cell phone and invited himself to her house for a weekend. He also plans to bring his sister with. I thought that was cute so I called Joanie back and told her that he had set up more plans and this time was bringing Ana with him and Joanie informed me that he was planning to bring William with to her house tomorrow also. Well, I guess that guy had a to-do list today. He was very true to his nature the way he knocked those items off one after another. You know how sometimes you are making phone calls to get things set up and all that? That's basically what he did. Cracked me up :)

No comments: