Thursday, January 24, 2008

much better muffins!

He doesn't have meningitis; it's RSV with some secondary infections and severe dehydration. Still no picnic for fuzzyboy or mommy (or daddy or siblings or gramma in las vegas) but he is well on the mend. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers, they obviously work! It was almost embarrassing how much better he was today. He was loud and jabbery. I felt like telling people he really HAD been super sick just yesterday :) Funny boy. We are home already, believe it or not. The admitting doc thought he would be there a couple days but he bounced back so fast.

I need to add my daily comic relief. You know I'm addicted to chocolate chips, right? So on my way to the hospital I grabbed a baggie full so i would have some in the morning when I "needed" it. Which I did. But he was so grabby this morning he was reaching into my little baggie with me and I must have missed a few chips that fell onto my little futon bed which was covered in a white sheet. We pretty much hung out on that futon because there was no WAY he was going in that crib (his words, not mine). So anyway at one point I got up to do something (carrying the ill one) and happened to look back where we had been sitting and it looked for all the world like someone took a crap on that bed. The heat of my rear end had melted the chocolate chips that the poor sick baby dropped down there. That also meant that my rear end was similarly adorned. Being stuck there, I had no recourse but to continue wearing the same pants. I wanted to wear a post-it that said "it's chocolate, not shit". I DID tell the housekeeping lady that.

No comments: